Sunday, September 18, 2011

Enemy

Rabesh woke up from the sleep. His head is paining like someone hitting with hammer on head. He slowly sat on the place where he was sleeping, and held his head with two hands.
The pain is heavy… for few minutes he didn’t open his eyes completely...
After sometime, he darted his head, and trying to understand the circumstances. It is a small room, has a ventilation window on top side , from there the sun light is coming inside. That light caused him to wake up from the sleep.
First few seconds he didn’t remember who is he and where is he?
He slowly recalled… He is working in a MNC company as a senior software architect. Recently he bought an apartment in Bangalore. On that occasion, he gave a party to his friends and colleagues yesterday in his apartment.
“Hmm…” he is moaned… his head is paining a lot …. Hell of the pain…when he is trying to remember the things, the pain is increasing.
"But, I have to remember!!!" He is rubbing his fore-head to recall the things.
He had drunk heavily during the party, and then he slept on his bed.
“I slept on my bed inside my apartment!!!" He is muttering himself.
“But, why the hell I’m here in this room!!! Sleeping on the floor??” … Many unanswered questions arose in his mind.
He tried to stand on the floor, but something hit his leg and he fell down on the floor. He heard an iron chain noise. He looked at his legs. His right leg is chained.
His face turned red with agony after seeing the chain.
He couldn’t believe that he is chained like a dog. He turned upside down and tried to pull the chain out. But It is very strong, not easy to pull out. After several attempts, he understood that, it is impossible to pull out.
He didn’t understand!!, why?
“Why and who chained me in this room?”… Again unanswered question…
He started observing the room more closely now. The size of the room is smaller than his bath room. The walls are dirty and patched all over. There is a door, but it is closed. There are no windows except the ventilation on top of the room. There is a small stove on one side, sink and lavatory. It is just like a prison cell.
He stood up and moved towards the door.
He could able to go up to few inches from his place, then the chain stopped him and it pulled him back. He used his complete energy, and tried to pull the chain out again, but it didn’t come.
His body is shivering with rage…. He is pulling the chain several times with the hands madly…
After sometime he fell on the floor … He is tired… He decided to call for help.
“HELP” “SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP” he is shouting for help.
“I’M STUCK HERE, PLEASE HELP” he is yelling loudly.
No response.
He became helpless, restless… fatigue… He is taking heavy breath… He felt thirsty.
He looked around again. He saw a wooden box, kept beside the stove.
He opened it. Several small plastic boxes are kept inside. He opened one by one; all are having ingredients used for cooking. Then he found a water bottle.
He felt relived, opened and drunk half of the bottle.
He sat calmly on floor for some time and started analyzing…
“Is it dream? Will I wake up on my bed, and laugh recalling how I frighten in this situation. Oh! God, if it is really dream. I can’t bear more than this. I have to wake up”
He closed his eyes tightly and muttering…
“Wake up Rabesh , Wake up, Wake up….WAKE UP”
Nothing happened. He didn’t wake up from the sleep.
He opened his eyes. He is still in that room. He concluded, this is not a dream. This is real, he is not in his apartment, and indeed he is in this small room. Someone kidnapped him and kept it here.
But, why? And Who?
As per as he remember, he didn’t have enemies who would hate him so much to keep him in a room and chained like a dog.
He looked at his wrist watch. It is not there. He remembered wearing it when he slept yesterday in his room. He looked at his dress. He is wearing the same dress when he slept. He tried to remember the day.
“What day today? Is it really yesterday that I slept or is it few days back...? Whoever bought me here, will they kill me? ”
The moment the “Kill” thought came into his mind, his body quivering with fear.
He liked to watch Hollywood movies. He watched many thriller movies, and when the hero or group of people faces this kind of situation, he enjoyed those scenes sitting in his A/C room. He didn’t realize, how terrible the experience is when someone experience on his own.
“Is it some kind of practical joke? I told to my friends many times, I like the thriller movies, so maybe they thought; I have to experience on my own, so they kept me in this room.”
“After few hours, they will open the door and laugh at me. I’ll also join with them”
“Ya! That is correct; Defiantly Vikram would have planned this entire thing. He told one time, he will put me in this situation so that I’ll come to know the pain and tension people would face in here“
“I’ll kick him after coming out from here. But, I should appreciate him the way he set up the whole thing. He did pretty good job”… Rabesh smiled.
He became normal now. He convinced that the whole setup is a practical joke; he would get released from here after couple of hours.
He decided to wait.
Since morning, he wants to use the toilet. He saw the lavatory. It is like a public lavatory that he usually sees in parks. He felt awful after seeing it. He scolded Vikram.
“Damn it Vikram! I’ll really kill you for making me to use this kind of lavatory”
He completed using it, and sat on the floor again. He is thinking…
“If it is Monday today then I should submit my final design to manager. Defiantly, he will try to contact me by calling. What would be his reaction, when he realizes that my phone is switched off and no one is responding to the calls? This design is very crucial. I have been working on this design from past two months. “
“May be Vikram will tell him the truth. “
His thoughts are moving from one topic to other.
He spent few hours, or he thought he spent few hours.
“ Why Vikram is not yet come? Already I think the couple of hours got over?” Rabesh is very annoyed.
“Vikram, I know you’re at outside. Enough of jokes, I’m getting sick sitting here. Take me out man, I agree that you are brilliant in applying practical jokes” Rabesh is shouting.
No response from outside.

2 comments:

  1. good story, interesting....

    u can write any kind of stories.
    how he can get out of that and how u end the story
    waiting untill next part.....

    ReplyDelete