Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Meghana – behind the scenes

First, thanks a lot to all you guys, who spend some of your time reading the Meghana story. I hope you enjoyed it. I like thrillers and suspense stories a lot. But if you see all my previous blogs, the majority were “Love” stories ( few exceptions like “Enemy” etc…) So I decided to write a thriller and suspense (long) story. In fact, it was a kind of a ‘mini” Novel. But I was a little skeptical about the responses because people tend to favor love stories over thrillers here (Correct me if I’m wrong ). However, I started writing and was able to finish it up. Nevertheless, at the beginning of the series, I got very poor responses, so thought of scraping this story, but again changed my mind.

Here I just want to let you know a few behind scenes of Meghana's story. I hope you feel interested.

1) Sandhya was the name first I thought of for the main character Meghana. And I started writing the series with the name “Megana”, but changed it to Meghana (please check ‘h’) later on.

2) I initially thought of her profession as ‘Sales girl’. Later changed because BPO is more opt to the readers.

3) I thought of showing ‘Watch man’ in her PG as one of the main suspects. But later some reason, I didn’t put that.

4) Vijay’s father's involvement was not planned at the beginning of the story. Which I developed later.

5) All names were changed like Meghana's boyfriend's name was changed from Sumanth to Allush ( funny thing here is, allush is my daughter's friend name ), Meghana uncle's name was changed from Santhosh to Sudhakar Rao, etc.

6) Meghana's boss was also supposed to be one of the suspects, but that also got dropped. The main plot was not changed. The whole story was based on that point.

I have spent a month finishing this whole story. I wanted to use professional (like in Indian Novels, but not like in western novels) language while describing the scenes in this story, so I took a lot of care before posting it, like proofreading with my friend and editing multiple times, etc.

Finally, Let me know your views about this story ( I just want to know one more time) and if you haven’t read it, now the whole story is available in my blog. Please read it and let me know. Your comments mean a lot to me)

Bye, VJ

11 comments:

  1. wow..what a clean finish up n completion..lovely write up + awesome thrilling story..i hate to watch thriller movies but loved to read ur story..write n keep writing VJ:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice story VJ, i liked the suspense in ur story… I’m a silent reader of ur blogs…. but i really felt like giving u feedback….. i wish u all the best for ur stories coming up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice story. Appreciate your writing. Good luck for your coming stories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey VJ……….. awesome story……… infact i was so addicted to ur story tat evryday the first thing i do in office is to check if u ahve updated the next part………the suspense of the story was well reached………. expecting more from u………. and as well waiitng for the next one soon … all teh best :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "A serial story mixed with detection/probe and love. 3/4 of the serial ran only on detection side and in the final part the story ended with exciting and unhappy note except the successful effort of Mr. Vijay.

    The story twisted several turns as the reader could not expect the real murderer of Meghana.

    I appreciate the pains taken in writing this long story. The language is simple one can understand easily with maximum direct speech sentences."

    Thank you,



    NAIDU.KC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice story VJ. Nice twists. Good ending as well. Keep Writing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. story was really awesome.. I loved the way u narrated the situations.

    All parts are interesting for me..

    Looking forward for a thriller from you..
    Reply

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keerthana ( Wipro )March 15, 2012 at 1:45 PM

    Lots of suspects…. twists… Good one… Expecting more thillers….

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good One……..i red all parts of your story really superb naration..The way of ur pictures which u attached in the beginnig of every part will give the interest to know what is going and how this picture related to that part…Good job

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi VJ :)
    Its really gud :)
    so interesting. Unpredictable climax.
    Vry well written :)
    Thanx for “Meghana” :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. patriots ( Wipro )March 15, 2012 at 1:48 PM

    Nice Story…How did you decide on the name “Meghana” ? Just curious to know

    ReplyDelete