Saturday, July 14, 2012

Jump over the wall ( Trivedi cont … )

He opened the door. But fortunately, that was not the same one where I was hiding. I was relieved. I had waited until they left the room. After that, I came out of it. It was my bad luck that they had locked the door before leaving the room. So when I tried to open it. It didn’t open.

“Why it is happening always like this to me?” I muttered.

“How can I go out now?” I had realized there was no other way that I could find out. So I decided to wait until someone opens the door. A few minutes later someone opened the door. It was the guy who had given me the paper slip. I was wondering what that guy was doing there.  He asked me to come out as he knew I was in that room. I came out of the shadows. Then he asked me to follow him. We went inside his room on the first floor.

“It was good as I have seen you going into that room. Otherwise, you would have been locked inside until boss finds out.” I nodded and thanked him.

And also I said sorry as I was not able to meet him yesterday. He said he knew that I was not able to meet him as my door was locked. But it was good that he didn’t ask how I had managed to come out, otherwise, I had to tell the whole story again.

I didn’t wait much time, I asked him.

“Now tell me? You told me that you knew about me. So who am I actually?”

He didn’t answer my question. Instead, he gave me an identity card and asked me to open it. I opened it, it was someone’s secret service agent identity card. I was puzzled and looked at him.

“That was your identity card.”

“What? I’m a secret service agent” I was shocked. “Please, give me a break.  I was really tired of all these things. First I was a software architect, then a common man, who has a brother and family, and then I was a murderer, and then I was a terrorist, and now I’m a secret service agent. Please don’t play with me” I was screaming.

“You were indeed a US secret service agent and were working undercover.  We were a total of 4 people, who were specialized to find out the terrorist sleeper cells across the world. We came to know that Trivedi was planning to kill the US army chief. Then we planned to replace Trivedi with you, so we have kidnapped him. But eventually, we realized that they were controlling him through a microchip in his mind.  We have extracted that microchip from Trivedi’s brain. And it was you, who altered the software in that chip so that it would receive instructions from us, instead of from them. However, that was not tested thoroughly. So it was not approved to use it on human beings. We were running out of time. So you took a brave decision to experiment that, though our higher authorities have refused it. Nobody knew about this mission, except four of us.”

Whatever he was saying was going only half into my mind.

“Before you have been kidnapped by these people, we have replaced Trivedi with you. They were wondering why that microchip was not working. It was because we altered that software. However, it even not worked for us. It didn’t respond to our instructions. It malfunctioned and programmed your mind such that you strongly believed that you are a Trivedi.”

“When they removed that microchip from your head, you became normal.  And you have informed us that you were going to India, so you asked me to contact you here. But after coming here, I’ve realized that they had inserted another microchip in your brain, which caused you to lost all your precious memories and stick to Trivedi’s thoughts. Somehow I managed to join this team and waited for a chance to meet you.”

“Here are your family photos. They are desperately waiting for you” He gave me few photos.

I was not in a mood; not trying to understand what he was saying. I looked at those photos then I asked.

“When are you planning to take me to my family in the US?”

That was the only thing I wanted at that time from him. Going back to the USA. Otherwise, whatever he was told I was not really interested.

“I’m making plans for that. But it is dangerous for you to go to the US first. So I’m planning to take you to the UK first, where your operation also will be done and then you can recall your past.”

“Oh, I see”, I said.

“I told you all these things upfront so that you would co-operate with me later. Believe me, everything is gonna be alright. You will meet your family soon. Now go and take rest”, he patted on my shoulder.

I hesitated to tell him about Michele. I didn’t know why.

I said thank you and left his room. He told me, be careful while returning to my room. Millions of thoughts were circulating in my mind. Many things were going around me. I strongly believed that I should have never come to that building. I should try to find out my own way to the US. So instead of going back to my room, I walked towards the compound wall of that building. It was still dark. I saw a big compound wall around the building.

There was a tall tree beside that wall; if I could climb that tree then I could jump over the compound wall. I started climbing the tree. Then I heard a noise. Somebody noticed me.

“Hey? Who are you? Stop; otherwise, I’ll shoot you?” he was threatening me.

I didn’t listen as that was the last chance I could get to free myself. So I had climbed up.

He had fired two rounds. Fortunately, those bullets didn’t hit me. I had jumped from that tree to the wall. I was hanging on the wall and pulling my body up so that I could jump over another side. Then he had fired four times. He didn’t miss that time.

Two bullets had penetrated into my backbone, and another one went inside of my right leg. I fell to the ground. My head hit something on the ground heavily. It started bleeding.

I could feel that I was losing so much blood. I looked at my blood. It appeared different to me. I knew that I was dying. My heartbeat was slowing down. Before losing the conciseness last time that I saw was the person who shot me.  I recalled him. He was the guy who told me that I was the secret service agent.

Then that’s it. Everything had turned black.

9 comments:

  1. even i am waiting to know who is he? and u r rocking VJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. who is he VJ…??
    Soon we have to see you in BIG SCREEN as director.. :)
    It’s really really unpredictable… thanks for giving such good thriller story..

    ReplyDelete
  3. very thrilling..!!!
    Even am waiting to know who is he actually..!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well going like ur previous posts.. waiting for next part.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG…. tell me who is he…??? im very very eager to know the next part of the story…
    You are simply superb VJ….. You better resign in wipro and go to film industry … :wink:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charlie Gal ( Wipro )July 14, 2012 at 12:03 PM

    Asusuall loveyl VJ :) .. Waiting for next part… I logged in soon but there was issue in my desktop so couldnt be the 1st reader :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. great yaar VJ
    making each episode interesting
    good work

    come soon with next part

    ReplyDelete
  8. oo oo oo.. wat a story… eagerly waitin fr the next part..

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG… you are twisting the story like anything, but im loving it really…
    a real mind storming story after a long time…. please continue soon and complete soooooonnnnn :)

    ReplyDelete